Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable
The Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable consists of 32 AWG 7/40 conductors which have been individually insulated and twisted using Litz construction. Litz construction increases the pliability, as well as eliminates triboelectric noise within the cable and improves upon mechanical damping. In order to accommodate the added durability demanded from headphone cables, Nordost has included an Aramid fiber strength member to the construction of this cable. Integrating Aramid fibers into the cable design not only ensures its mechanical integrity, transferring the strain away from the cable’s conductors and to the fibers themselves, but the resonating properties of aramid fibers also enhance sound quality.
To take things to the next level, the Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable employs Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament technology with extruded FEP insulation around the conductors, as well as mechanically tuned lengths, which reduce internal microphony and high-frequency impedance resonance. As a result, the Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable acts as the ideal conduit to transfer an amazingly realistic reproduction of sound from your system to your hifi headphones.
The Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable is available with 3.5mm stereo mini, 2x mini XLR female, 1x mini XLR female, 2x Push-pull or 2x 2 pin connectors on the headphone end, and it is terminated with a 4 pin balanced XLR male connector on the source end. Each cable is 2 meters long, and includes two adaptors which are comprised of identical construction and technology as the headphone cable itself, and have also been cut to specific, mechanically tuned lengths.
Both adaptors are terminated with a 4 pin balanced XLR female connector on one end and either a 3.5mm stereo mini or a 1/4in stereo phono on the opposite end. Due to the various terminations available, the Heimdall 2 Headphone Cable is compatible with all major players in the over-ear headphone market.
Available terminations. Please consult this list to see which termination option you need for your headphones. If you are not sure, call us!
(If you don't see your particular headphone model listed, give us a call and we'll find out which one you'll need)
- Push-Pull (2x) - Use with Sennheiser HD 800
- 4-Pin Mini XLR (2x) - Use with Audeze LCD-3, LCD-2, LCD-X, and LCD-XC
- 2-Pin (2x) - Use with Sennheiser HD 650 & HD 600
- SMC (2x) - Use with HiFiMan HE400 & HE6
- 4-Pin HIROSE Push-Pull (2x) - Use with MrSPEAKERS Alpha Dog, Ether, & Ether-C
- 2.5mm Mono Mini (2x) - Use with OPPO, HiFiMan HE1000, Sennheiser HD 700
- 3-Pin Mini XLR (1x) - Use with AKG K712
- 3.5mm Stereo Mini (1x) - Use with ULTRASONE HFI & Pro models
- MMCX (2x) - Use with ULTRASONE Edition 5, Shure SE846
- 8 Contact (2x) - Use with Audeze EL-8
- 3.5mm Stereo Mini (2x) - Use with Sony MDR-Z7 & MDR-Z1R
- 3.5mm Mono Mini (2x) - Use with McIntosh MHP1000, Focal Elear
- LEMO Push-Pull (2x) - Use with Focal Utopia
- LEMO Push-Pull (1x) - Use with AKG K812
All headphone cables include:
• 4 pin XLR (female) to 3.5mm stereo mini adapter
• 4 pin XLR (female) to 1/4in (6.3mm) stereo phono adapter
Need a longer cable? A 2 meter extension cable is available available in:
• 4 pin XLR (female) to 3.5mm stereo mini
• 4 pin XLR (female) to 1/4in (6.3mm) stereo phono
• 4 pin XLR (female) to 4 pin XLR (male)