Everything the world loved about the Scout is now available in a simplified pre-mounted package! Ships With Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge at No Extra Charge
The VPI Scout Jr. is a ready to use out of the box high-end entry level turntable, complete with a pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. The new tonearm is 9 inches long with a Yoke type vertical bearing and damped turntable like horizontal bearing, it is the perfect solution to enjoying your music! The arm is damped in the horizontal plane and free in the vertical plane, this combination breaks up resonances and ads to the enjoyment of the sound.
- 1.25”" thick black textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
- 16" x 11" footprint
- 19” x 14” x6” overall size
- Machined 1” thick 6061 aluminum platter. Damped internally.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- 600 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- Includes a record damping mat.
- Comes supplied with an Ortofon 2M Red pre-mounted at the factory. No need for any adjustments when you use the turntable.
VPI offers a number of upgrades to the Scout Jr. Call Upscale Audio to custom-build yours today!