VPI Classic Signature with JMW 10-3D Tonearm
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
"It is a work of art, Harry Weisfeld's best. Amen! Five Stars." - Harry Pearson
Stereophile Analog Product of the year 2011
Golden Ear Award – TAS, AHC
The Classic line pays homage to the great turntables of the past that have been synonymous with state of the art turntable design. The Classic has been the best-selling large turntable VPI has ever made and is still outselling production. The sales and rave reviews from around the world are based on the glorious sound and the incredible speed stability, speed stability normally associated with $20K plus designs. Our top of the line Classic Signature represents a significant step forward in both performance and aesthetics pushing the envelope as far as we can to deliver the best sounding turntable VPI has ever made at an unheard of price.
The newest Classic Signature features a ½" thick machined aluminum plinth bonded to a 1/8" steel sub plate, bonded to 2" of MDF creating a plinth which is so massive and well damped it virtually eliminates resonance. For the Classic Signature we updated the arm with a new stainless steel arm-tube, bearing assembly, base mounting, and Discovery wiring from cartridge to RCA (or XLR) output jacks. To complete the visual aesthetic of this state of the art design, we chose a deep Piano Black and Rosewood finish. Gorgeous and glorious, the Classic Signature is an absolute triumph! Manufacturers who have received it are using adjectives like "Gorgeous", "Quietest table I've ever heard", "How could it be so inexpensive", "Speed stability like my digital masters".
- The platter is machined 6061 aluminum and stainless steel weighing 20 pounds with a precision inverted bearing. Run-out +/- .001” on 39” circumference!
- Platter bearing using Thompson Engineering precision shafting with 60 Rockwell hardened and polished ball running on a PEEK thrust disc. The side thrust is taken by graphite lubricated composite bronze bushings.
- The belt runs around the platter through the center of the bearing assembly for no teeter totter effects and no noise.
- Speed stability on par with a master tape: Due to the rigid mounting of motor - platter - tonearm there isn't any random motion to cause speed instabilities.
- Feedback rejection that lets the Classic Turntable sit near four 15" subwoofers and having virtually no feedback
- 300 RPM precision low noise high torque 24 pole AC synchronous motor drives the platter with a pulley accurate to +/- .0005”
- Lack of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm giving the ultimate in low-level resolution. Not only does this rigidity improve speed stability, it also allows the retrieval of low-level information on par with the world's great turntables and very close to master tapes.
- Absolutely solid, non-resonating laminated one-piece chassis: This is not a wooden frame; it is a solid laminated 2.5" thick MDF block with a¾” sandwich of aluminum and steel attached to the top with silicone and long bolts through all the layers. The chassis weighs 30 pounds and is totally non-resonant.
- VPI stainless steel record center weight
“This new version of VPI’s best-selling Classic 1 is twice as expensive and it’s worth it. Why? Because it is better…the new version sounds more stable, as if the speed control has been enhanced. The net effect of these changes is there is less detectable turntable between you and the music. The LPs seem to float on a cushion of air. It is a work of art, Harry Weisfeld’s best. Amen! Five Stars!”
- Harry Pearson, Founder of The Absolute Sound, Five-Star Review, May/June 2011