The SP-331 boasts a power delivery of 150-watts-per-channel at eight ohms, and a full 300-watts-per-channel at four ohms. That means you harness plenty of 'oomph' for the full effect of realistic orchestral crescendos and complex music passages. And when added to a home theater system, the SP-331 is pure audio dynamite for film scores and special effects.
You can't do better than a hybrid circuit design when it comes to appealing audio performance. The SP-331 offers the best of both vacuum tube and solid state technology. The input stage relies on two 6N16 tubes for liquid, effortless sounding audio. The output stage gets its muscle from six Toshiba transistors per channel.
A mighty power amp requires a titan of a power supply, and that's exactly what's on tap with the Vincent. Its precision-designed oversize toroidal core transformer of 1,000-watts x 2 offers energy storage capacity of 80,000 µF per channel. In fact, the power supply will even accommodate speaker loads of two ohms without any difficulty.
Two pairs of high-quality speaker binding posts give you bi-wiring options. The rear panel also includes a connection for the included IEC-style power cord, one pair of unbalanced RCA-style inputs, and a replaceable fuse.
The words 'no nonsense' and 'luxurious' usually don't go together, but the Vincent SP-331 power amplifier is a rule breaker. Thanks to German engineering, the look and sound are clean as a whistle. And the price is far less than you would expect to pay for a component of this high quality.
- Hybrid vacuum tube / solid-state power amplifier
- Input stage: 2 6N16 tubes per channel
- Output stage: 12 Toshiba transistors per channel
- Oversize toroidal core transformer of 1,000-watts x 2
- 80,000 µF per channel power reserves
- Two pairs of high-quality speaker binding posts
- Frequency range: 10 Hz – 20 kHz, +/- 0.5 dB
- Output power 8 Ohm: 2 x 150 Watt
- Output power 4 Ohm: 2 x 300 Watt
- Input sensitivity: 1.2 V
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % max. (1 kHz, 1 Watt)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
- Input Impedance: 47 k Ohm
- Inputs: 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 4 x 2 speaker terminals
- Dimensions: 17" wide, 6.3" high, 17.7" deep
- Weight: 41.5 lbs.