Tannoy Cheviot Loudspeaker (each)
Must be purchased in pairs.
Music is an art form that needs to be experienced in all its beauty, detail, and nuance without the colouration that can instantly detract from its purest essence. A truly great loudspeaker design enables the speaker system to remove itself from the soundscape and present the music in a manner that envelopes you in the same way as a live performance.
In the 1970s TANNOY created a range of monitors that forever changed the way studio engineers and audiophiles alike chose to experience high-quality audio. The TANNOY HPD Series quickly became some of the most beloved Hi-Fi loudspeakers of all time.
More than just a homage to its predecessor, the Legacy Series CHEVIOT Floor-Standing 12" Dual Concentric Hi-Fi Loudspeaker further elevates the TANNOY HPD heritage of outstandingly transparent performance with the implementation of new, upscaled drivers and components – technology that was unavailable at the time. Simply put, CHEVIOT delivers legendary HPD performance to a new generation of music aficionados.
- Heritage 2-way floor-standing loudspeaker based on famous HPD design for large sized rooms
- Cabinet design and components provide authentic reproduction of original HPD loudspeaker system
- Dual Concentric driver based on famous HPD 1974 pedigree technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- Sophisticated crossover network with 2 separate channels perfectly complements Dual Concentric driver for truly natural sound
- Front mounted control panel houses 2 band energy control with boost and attenuation compensation for room design and tailoring to personal preference
- Highly efficient 12" driver with 500-Watt power handling delivers breathtaking dynamics and realism
- Wide frequency range with fast transient response provides exceptionally natural audio reproduction
- Heavy duty 24-carat multi-layer gold-plated WBT* bi-wireable binding posts for ultimate signal integrity
- 8 mm floor coupling spikes provide stability and dissipate unwanted energy
- The fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High-density cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low-frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporates DMT (Differential Materials Technology) for coupling drivers to cabinets
- 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K.
Frequency response: 38 Hz-30 KHz ±6 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 250 W
Power handling: 125 W continuous, 500 W peak
Sensitivity: 91 dB
Impedance: 8 Ohm
Crossover: 1.2 kHz
Connectors: 5 x 4 mm 24 ct WBT binding posts
Dimensions (HWD): 33.8" x 17.6" x 10.2" (860 x 448 x 260 mm)
Net weight: 29 kg (64 lb)