Completely re-designed from the ground up, the 7000 cartridge from Shelter is spectacular! The larger, more rigid body gives the Shelter 7000 much tighter, well-defined bass response and the new internal PC-OCC Copper wiring gives high frequencies an open, airy feel.
The new Shelter nude-mount elliptical diamond picks up much less surface noise, while simultaneously sitting lower in the groove helping bring out more hidden details. The Shelter signature sound is still in evidence, the 7000 just sounds better! The 7000's new shape and aluminum body lowers the noise floor and removes parasitic vibration, making the 7000 much more dynamic and quieter than the older 901. Nicely Done, Shelter!
• Output Voltage: 0.5 mV
• Channel Balance: Within 0.8dB at 1kHz
• Stylus Tip: 0.3 x 0.7mil Elliptical Nude Diamond
• DC Resistance: 10 ohms
• Tracking Force Range: 1.4 to 2.0g
• Recommended Load Impedance: within 10 to 30 ohms with step-up transformer, within 100 ohms with head amplifier
• Compliance: 9cu
• Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-2dB
• Channel Separation at 1 kHz: >25dB
• Anodized Aluminum Body with neodymium magnet
• Weight: 11g