Pro-Ject 2Xperience Classic
This beautiful 2Xperience Classic in olive wood has a small blemish (see photos), but is otherwise stunning. Sumiko Blue Point No.2 cartridge is mounted on the carbon fiber tonearm. Light scratches on dust cover. Only 10 months of use on this table. Includes manual, power cord, and original packaging.
• Available finishes. Mahogany or olive veneer and piano-lacquered black
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones.
• The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimized platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter weighing 2Kg, a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
• The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
• As an optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted.
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 - 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g or 5 - 8g are available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
• Dust cover included