NOTICE: Be sure to tell us if you spoke to a dealer about PrimaLuna. Failure to do so will delay processing of your order. We do not ship PrimaLuna without this information.
PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium Power Amplifier
“PrimaLuna’s ProLogue Premium has become my new reference for low-power, high-value amplification. Class A sound at a Class C price”
Is this a miracle? Is this a unique situation where a company just happens to stumble upon a perfect design and execution? No. It’s another PrimaLuna. And our fifth product in a row to earn a coveted Stereophile Class A rating. No other company has ever had five products listed Class A simultaneously, let alone when every product is under $5,000.
Herb declared “Equally obvious was how clearly and powerfully the ProLogue Premium reproduced bass. Even through small speakers, bass scale – the ability of deep sounds to also be big sounds, when they’re supposed to - was exceptional. High frequencies also had a captivating purity.”
So how does it happen? Bandwidth baby. And we have it. No other brand will ever sound like a PrimaLuna because they don’t have our custom designed output transformers that we wind in-house. We don’t care about power. You don’t use it. High power just burns up tubes and causes bummed out owners. We have customers using 36 watt PrimaLuna amps to drive subwoofers!
Couple that with our exclusive Adaptive AutoBias, long tube life, and build quality that shames amplifiers costing $10,000, and you have an amplifier purchase of a lifetime.
Don’t buy something because it gets good reviews. There’s no such thing as a bad review. And don’t buy into fairy dust. Want to know what's best? It's what reviewers use in their own systems. Do some research. You will find reviewers use PrimaLuna more than any other brand.
ProLogue Premium Poweramp is now stereo/mono switchable!
Look inside to see why this amp is so special:
- Innovative, new Adaptive AutoBias circuitry. By simply flipping a switch, users can re-calibrate the amp for optimum operation of EL34s or KT88s. Every ProLogue Premium Series amplifier can be ordered with either set of power tubes installed. And remember, this circuit continuously monitors and adjusts each tube to run in its sweet spot. No biasing—ever!
- New output and power transformers. Modeled after those in the DiaLogue Series, these heavy-duty, high-efficiency transformers offer better control over challenging speaker loads, as well as increased detail and musicality.
- New front-end circuitry. Optimized to use two 12AU7 tubes per channel. With the improved transformers, produces lower distortion.
- Zero negative feedback - as with the ProLogue Series power amplifiers, the ProLogue Premium Power Amplifier uses a zero negative feedback topology for greater tonality and better overall musicality.
Next, the ProLogue Premium Series introduces four innovative circuits that protect the amp at every level:
- BTI-circuit. BTI stands for "Bad Tube Indicator." On the chassis’ deck in front of each power tube, is a small LED that lights up if the tube goes bad. This circuit works hand-in-hand with the new Adaptive Auto-Bias circuit.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
- OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of a massive tube failure or user error.
- +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced.
As with all PrimaLuna components, the ProLogue Premium Amplifier is made by hand with the finest point-to-point wiring and quality equal to—or better than—any product you can buy at any price. Built using premium parts featuring: ceramic tube sockets; Solen and Nichicon capacitors; WBT-style solid core speaker terminals; ALPS Blue Velvet volume control; gold-plated RCA jacks; toroidal power transformer. All packaged in a high-gloss, hand-rubbed finish.
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|35 watts x 2 (EL34)
40 watts x 2 (KT88)
44 watts x 2 (KT120)
48 watts x 2 (KT150)
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|70 watts (EL34)
70 watts (KT88)
80 watts (KT120)
90 watts (KT150)
|Inputs||1 Pair RCA|
|Outputs||4, 8, & 16 Ohm output taps (stereo)
2, 4, & 8 Ohm output taps (mono)
|THD||Less than 1% at full power|
|Freq. Response||9Hz-130kHz -3 dB (stereo)
7Hz-140kHz -3 dB (mono)
|S/N Ratio||75 dB flat; 92 dB Wtda|
|Input Sensitivity||600mV (stereo)
|Input Impedance||100k Ohm|
|Power Consumption||255 watts|
|Standard Tube Compliment||4 - 12AU7
4 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||14.5" x 8" x 15.5"|