NOTICE: Be sure to tell us if you spoke to a dealer about PrimaLuna. Failure to do so will delay processing of your order. We do not ship PrimaLuna without this information.
PRIMALUNA DIALOGUE PREMIUM HP INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
The Finest Tube Integrated Amp you can buy without regard to cost that also shames purpose-built headphone amps costing thousands.
The PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium integrated amplifier has been hailed by experts as the best without regard to cost. Sam Tellig loved it in his review for Stereophile magazine, giving it a Stereophile Class A Recommended Component rating. Dick Olsher, a world expert on vacuum tube audio stated in his review for The Absolute Sound magazine said “It’s my current benchmark in integrated tube amplifiers.” Merriam-Webster defines benchmark as, “Something that serves as a standard by which others may be measured or judged.”
Because of our designs and proprietary output transformers, the 36 watt DiaLogue Premium has better bass slam than 75 watt tube amps from the biggest names out there. For customers with low efficiency speakers (84-86dB) that like to play their music loud and have a large room, they may want even more power.
We could have easily doubled the output power by simply doing what everybody else does: Run the tubes harder. You’ve seen it. Two power tubes per channel running at the jagged edge, producing 75 or even 100 watts. They also produce unhappy customers, who have to replace tubes every 12 months whereas PrimaLuna customers may go ten years before re-tubing.
A better, though much more expensive way to build, is to keep running the tubes easy, but add four more EL34s. That required enlarging the toroidal power transformer, adding a second Adaptive AutoBias board, and all the circuitry upgrades including the tubes, sockets, Swiss wiring, and Takman resistors.
The result is the HP. One of the most powerful tube integrated amps in the world. Delivering 70 watts per channel from EL34's, 80 watts from KT88's, 84 watts from KT120's, and 96 watts from KT150's. And like all PrimaLuna amps, the tubes are run so easy you can use it every day and just relax.
- Primaluna's exclusive Adaptive AutoBias. Bias is very important, and before you buy anything you need the click the blue link above to learn the basics. If anybody tells you that they have auto bias, ask them precisely how. It's 99% likely to be untrue. As with all PrimaLuna amps, you never have to worry about biasing your amp ever again, and the need for matched tubes is eliminated. Just plug in EL34, KT88, or KT120 (as well as many others) and AAB does the rest while improving sound quality. Tubes are constantly monitored and kept in their best operating range, reducing distortion by up to 50%!
- Swiss made wiring. Imported, silver-plated, oxygen-free continuous crystal (OCC) copper with a Teflon dielectric wiring is used in the critical signal paths for superior signal speed and increased clarity.
- ALPS Blue Velvet motorized volume control tracks better so a defined stereo image is established and doesn't collapse as you raise and lower volume. And it will stay quiet, adhering to PrimaLuna's guiding principle of "Built to last a lifetime".
- TAKMAN Resistors. Easy to identify through their pink color, these premium resistors made in Japan are popular with those who rebuild and upgrade their gear. "Modders" love TAKMAN for their low noise and linearity.
- SCR Tinfoil Caps. Made in France, these capacitors are used in the critical signal paths and while they are expensive, the PrimaLuna team they could not be left out after careful listening comparisons with many different types.
- AC Offset Killer. A PrimaLuna exclusive. PrimaLuna's parent company Durob Audio B.V. sells this as a stand alone item under the Ah! brand name. The fabulous company P.S. Audio sold something similar as a "Humbuster". It's job is to keep the main AC power transformer as quiet as possible. PrimaLuna custom-winds a superb AC toroidal transformer that is low in hum. This circuit takes it a to a place no other manufacturer dreams of going. Adding this to your stereo would cost hundreds.
- Relay based input selection. Instead of a cheap selector switch, PrimaLuna has a relay and circuit mounted at every input. If you select a CD player input, for example, a relay closes and a perfect load is presented to the item you are listening to. All other relays are open so as to prevent crosstalk between inputs. This is many times more expensive to build, and you would never see it, but it is what PrimaLuna stands for!
- New front-end circuitry. The DiaLogue Premium uses three 12AU7 tubes per channel. The result is even lower distortion and increased bandwidth. The change in dynamic range is stunning!
- Triode/Ultralinear switching. In ultralinear, the sound is just that. Ultra-linear. The flattest response. In triode mode you get the sound that people would compare to 300B single-ended amps. A warmer, more liquid presentation. Which is better? There is no answer. It depends on your tastes, the speakers, and what you are listening to. It's up to you. The best part is, that unlike other brands, you can change on the fly from your listening position with the remote control and you don't have to turn off the amp to do it!
- Dedicated subwoofer output. If you're favorite sub only uses line-level inputs, such as the JL Audio subwoofers, the DiaLogue Premium Integrated makes it simple to use!
The DiaLogue Premium Series also includes the same innovative circuits found in the ProLogue Premium series, that protect the amp and improve sound at every level:
- BTI-circuit. BTI stands for "Bad Tube Indicator." On the chassis’ deck in front of each power tube, is a small LED that lights up if the tube goes bad. The circuit then puts the amp into protection mode. With other brands, this may be when you have to break out the soldering iron to replace a plate resistor, and replace two or four tubes because your amp requires matched sets. With PrimaLuna, you just replace the tube it tells you to (no matched tubes required), and turn the amp back on. No hassles, no headaches.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
- OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of a user error crossing speaker wires.
- +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced
- SmartWatts design. PrimaLuna's true-value, low stress design philosophy. Many manufacturers fudge on their power ratings, claiming power that is mathematically impossible. Every seasoned tube owners knows that 20 watts from a tube amp is a ton of power. What is really important is that PrimaLuna runs their power tubes up to 40% easier that other manufacturers. You can tell easily by putting your hand on top of a PrimaLuna amp. They run cooler than others. There is no reason to run tubes at their jagged edge. Why do manufactures do it?
As with all PrimaLuna components, the DiaLogue Premium Integrated is made by hand with the finest point-to-point wiring and quality equal to—or better than—any product you can buy at any price. All packaged in a high-gloss, hand-rubbed finish.
Please look closely at the pictures that show you just how PrimaLuna products are made. Try to find interior pictures of other brands to compare.
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|70 watts x 2 (EL34)
73 watts x 2 (KT88)
89 watts x 2 (KT120)
96 watts x 2 (KT150)
(8 Ohms, 1% THD)
|40 watts x 2 (EL34)
42 watts x 2 (KT88)
51 watts x 2 (KT120)
54 watts x 2 (KT150)
|Inputs||5 Pair RCA +
1 Pair HT Bypass
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm
RCA Subwoofer Out
1/4" Headphone Out
|Headphone Out||11.4 watts (32 Ω, 1% THD)
6.56 watts (64 Ω, 0.70% THD)
3.05 watts (150 Ω, 0.60% THD)
1.58 watts (300 Ω, 0.60% THD)
0.82 watts (600 Ω, 0.60% THD)
|Freq. Response (+/- 1dB)||7Hz-75kHz (KT120 & KT150)
|THD (1W/1kHz)||< 0.1%|
|S/N Ratio||93 dB (KT120 & KT150)
92 dB (KT88 & EL34)
|Input Sensitivity||360mV (KT120 & KT150)
320mV (KT88 & EL34)
|Input Impedance||100k Ohm|
|Power Consumption||255 watts|
|Standard Tube Compliment||6 - 12AU7
8 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||15" x 8.3" x 15.5"|