The new, second generation Norse Series interconnects deliver a level of performance not previously possible at their price points. Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament construction, first introduced on the legendary Valhalla reference cables, creates a virtual air dielectric complete with an elegantly engineered suspension system. Combined with silver-plated OFC solid-core conductors and FEP insulation throughout, the result is the ideal electrical and mechanically controlled construction for ultra-fast, low-loss signal transfer. Optimized conductor dimensions, and asymmetrical grounding topology significantly extend the musical performance of the new Norse series, finally allowing your equipment to deliver its full performance potential, while the consistency of design and materials across the entire Norse Series means that you can easily prioritize a system-wide solution without compromising the coherence of your cables.
In any system wired with the Norse 2 family of cables, when quality really counts, look no further than Tyr 2. The quietest backgrounds, the highest resolution and widest dynamic range of any Norse 2 cable leaves the new Tyr second only to Valhalla and Odin.
- Insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- Construction: Precision Micro Mono-Filament
- Conductors: 7 x 24 AWG
- Material: 60 microns of extruded silver over 99.99999 % solid-core OFC
- Capacitance: 33pF/ft/ch
- Inductance: 0.045μH/ft/ch
- Propagation Delay: 80% speed of light
- Overall Shield Coverage: 97% Braid
- Termination: Nordost MoonGlo RCA or Neutrik XLR