Lumin D2 Network Music Player
A MODEST UPDATE TO THE HUGELY SUCCESSFUL LUMIN D1. We've added the latest (and much faster) processor to allow playback of DSD128 5.6MHz and made a few other tweaks.
The power supply is now internal. Along with a reworking of the board layout, this delivers improved audio quality over the original.
To house all this, we've enlarged the case and made some production refinements. As a bonus, LUMIN D2 is also now available in a black anodised finish as well as the usual LUMIN raw silver.
Of course, it includes all the usual LUMIN features: Fully balanced design including XLR outputs, DSD upsampling, DoP (DSD over PCM) support, Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, and our continuous software development programme that has seen MQA and Roon support added in the last year alone.
Lumin D2 Specifications
DSD128 5.6MHz, 1-bit
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE
Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel
Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
Internal 100–240V AC auto-ranging
Unit size: 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
Box size: 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg
All LUMIN Music Players include the following features:
- Streaming Protocol: UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Supported Audio File Formats: DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD), PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF, Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Supported Audio Sample Rates, Bit Depths, Number of Channels:
- PCM: 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD: 2.8MHz (5.6MHz on LUMIN S1), 1-bit, Stereo
- Upsampling rates & bit depths:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
- Supported Control Devices: All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- App Features: High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Input: Ethernet Network 100Base-T, USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Outputs:Analog Audio: XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot, RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- Digital Audio: BNC SPDIF:
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- HDMI: PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit, DSD (Native or DoP) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Finish: Raw brushed aluminium, Black anodized aluminium finish is available as a special order item.
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements