Lumin A1 Network Music Player
Pro Tip: Add quality Wi-Fi to any Lumin with this product from Amazon. In-store tested and capable of handling even DSD 512 flawlessly! TP-Link Wireless N300 2T2R Access Point on Amazon
The Absolute Sound 2014 Product of the Year Award Winner (High-End Music Server of the year)
Since its launch, news of LUMIN A1 has spread to all corners of the globe, with awards and reviews coming from the industry’s most respected websites and magazines. Computer Audiophile described LUMIN as “the network player by which all others should be judged” and 6moons’ Joël Chevassus described DSD through LUMIN as “the most exciting audio experience I’ve yet had”.
LUMIN A1 – The original LUMIN
- – One of the best-reviewed audio products of 2013/2014
- – Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium
- – Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel
- – External dual-toroidal power supply
– Effortlessly plays everything from DSD through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
– Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
– Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile’s hi-fi.
– The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
-A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
- DSD Support: DSD64 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- HDMI Output:
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Analog Output Stage: Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Output connectors coupled with dual LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformers
- Power Supply: External dual-toroidal
- Lumin (solid aluminium chassis): 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H),
- Weight: 8kg
- Dual-toroidal PSU: 100mm (W), 295mm (D), 55mm (H)
- Weight: 2kg
All LUMIN Music Players include the following features:
- Streaming Protocol: UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Supported Audio File Formats: DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD), PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF, Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Supported Audio Sample Rates, Bit Depths, Number of Channels:
- PCM: 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD: 2.8MHz (5.6MHz on LUMIN S1), 1-bit, Stereo
- Upsampling rates & bit depths:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
- Supported Control Devices: All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- App Features: High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Input: Ethernet Network 100Base-T, USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Outputs:Analog Audio: XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot, RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- Digital Audio: BNC SPDIF:
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- HDMI: PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit, DSD (Native or DoP) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Finish: Raw brushed aluminium, Black anodized aluminium finish is available as a special order item.
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements