The DV XX-2 retains the benefit of the flux damper but features the Alinco-5 magnet. Alnico magnets exhibit high magnetic flux density combining with a low coercive therefore magnetic resistance is lower than other magnetic types such as rare earth and ferrite, providing the exceptional stability of the XX-2 output voltage. There is also the additional advantage of low magnetic and electrical resistance contributing to a discernable improvement in sound quality.
The XX-2 also exhibits deep powerful bass, treble is both clear and lively possessing none of the hardness found in many moving coil designs. This can be accredited to not only Dynavector's skilled assembly techniques but also a meticulous attention to design, materials, and engineering expertise.
The XX-2 features a 6 mm solid boron cantilever fitted with a Pathfinder Line contact stylus. PCOCC (pure copper ohno continuous casting process) copper wire is used for the coil. The output voltage of 0.23mV and 6 ohms impedance are suited to most moving coil phono stages. Although the XX-2 is of solid aluminium for rigid construction its total weight of 8.0 grams renders it suitable for a variety of popular tone arms.
Low output moving coil cartridge with Alnico magnet and Flux damper
• Output Voltage: 0.23mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
• Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
• Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
• Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
• Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn
• Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 grams
• Impedance: R=6 ohms, L=18 micro Henry
• Recommended load impedance: 30 ohms
• Cantilever: 6mm length 0.3 mm dia. solid boron
• Stylus: 0.14 x 0.08 mm Line contact PF
• Weight: 8.0 grams