The Performance DC’s main composite chassis consists of a specific density wood core sandwiched between two massive anodized aluminum plates. A band of polished silver aluminum is wrapped around the plinth’s core, giving the Performance DC an elegant and modern look.
The powerful and smooth-running DC motor is mounted to the composite main chassis and is effectively decoupled for enhanced dynamic range. The motor and belt are hidden from view, protected from dust and UV. They drive a precision machined aluminum sub-platter coupled to a 40mm thick polyoxymethylene (POM) platter, supported by Clearaudio’s patented CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing).
The Performance DC’s 33, 45, and 78 rpm speeds are selected by blue illuminated buttons, ergonomically integrated into the front left of the chassis. Precision adjustability is possible for each speed via user-accessible trim pots. The Performance DC comes standard fitted with Clearaudio’s magnetic bearing Verify Carbon Fiber tonearm and its interchangeable armboard design can accommodate a variety of 9-inch tonearms including Clearaudio’s Clarify, Magnify and Universal tonearms.
Available with silver or black finish.
- Aluminum sandwich plinth
- 2-piece height adjustable (for leveling) aluminum feet with anti-resonance damping tips
- 40mm-thick POM platter with weighted rim
- Machined aluminum sub-platter
- Inverted Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB)
- Decoupled 3-speed DC motor; user fine-adjustable 33, 45, 78 rpm
- Verify Carbon Fiber tonearm features a magnetic bearing, carbon fiber armwand, and 1-meter DirectWire cable