Arcam FMJ CD37 CD Player, Silver (OPEN)
Those seeking the ultimate in musical replay will find the CD37 a startling player. Breathtaking levels of realism are available from either CD or SACD discs using ultra high precision clocking and digital to audio conversion.
As one of the few specialist companies in the world to have developed their own CD and DVD players from the ground up, Arcam enjoy a world wide reputation for music and movie playback. Having produced the world’s first true audiophile CD player in the late 1980’s, Arcam CD and DVD players have gone on to set the standards by which competing players are judged. The new CD37 is the company’s highest performing music player to date.
Using technology from the companies highly revered DVD players; the CD37 plays both CDs and SACD with astonishing musical reproduction. Digital to Analogue conversion is carried out by the very latest Wolfson 8741 DACs using pure DSD conversion unleashing the full resolution of SACD discs for with starling clarity.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI), which would normally mask fine details in similar players, is dramatically reduced using Arcam’s proprietary “Mask of Silence” strategy. The use of “Stealth Mat” (unique metal fibre matting) further diffuses EMI to ensure the every nuance of each recording is heard in its full glory.
The CD37s power supply features two separate toroid transformers, one each for audio and digital circuits. The chassis itself features a damped “Sound Dead Steel” construction virtually eliminating mechanical influences on the electronics.
As part of Arcam’s FMJ line of high performance separates, the CD37 is an ideal partner for the A38 integrated amplifier or C31 pre-amp and P38 power amp combination.
Digital to Analogue section
- Wolfson 8741 DACs operating in dual differential mode
- Native DSD digital to analogue conversion for SACD discs
- Ultra high performance Burr Brown OPA2134 output op-amps
- Audiophile grade WIMA Polypropylene capacitors in output stage
- Two pairs of RCA phono outputs for multi room use or direct recording
- Coax (phono) and optical (Toslink) digital outputs
- Infra red control input (3.5mm jack)
- 12v trigger input (3.5mm jack)
- Dual toroid mains transformers
- Separate, high capacity power supplies for analogue, servo and digital sections
- Sample rate locked switch mode power supply for digital circuits
- Each supply individually regulated
- Separate ground returns ("Star" earth) for each power supply to prevent inter-stage noise
- Switchable mains power inlet 110-120v / 220-240v
- Supplied with CR90 system remote control
- All gold plated output connectors
- Large, clear 12 character dot matrix VFD display
- Size – 430mm (17") wide, 355mm (14.0") deep, 85mm (3.3") high
- Weight 6.2kg (13.7 lb) nett, 8.1kg (17 lb)