Anthem Statement D2v 3D Audio/Video Processor
Pushing the Boundaries
The D2v 3D pushes the boundaries on what you expect from music and home theater performance. With the unparalleled flexibility you have to come to expect from Anthem processors, it provides both the versatility and adjustability you need to ale all of your digital video components work together seamlessly. The results are spectacular.
Ready for 3D
From riding the third dimension on light cycles in the movie Tron, to racing through the 3D jungles of Pandora in Avatar, the movie experience is always better in three dimensions. 3D video has a different structure than traditional video so it must pass through the A/V processor without being affected. The new Anthem D2v circuit board automatically detects the presence of 3D video and goes into pass-through mode as per a source menu option for video output configuration, passing the 3D HDMI signal from a 3D Blu-ray player to a 3D TV at resolutions up to 1080p. For additional convenience, in pass-through mode the output refresh rate is now automatically matched to the source’s frame refresh rate which is useful for sources that output a mix between 24, 50 and 60 Hz.
It’s now 3D equipped. Fully featured 7.1-channel audio and video processor, 8 HDMI Inputs and 2 Parallel HDMI outputs with the top four ports (HDMI 1 through 4) and top output (HDMI 1) supporting true bypass sensing 3D inputs automatically, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM 24/192, highest quality 1080p upscaling with 1080p24 compatibility, Anthem Room Correction, premium quality A/D and D/A converters, 24-bit/192 kHz upsampling on all channels in main zone, two stereo zones.
State-Of-The-Art Digital Audio Procesing
- The 24-Bit/192-kHz precision upsampler operates on all digital audio signals. The D2’s DACs also incorporate 128X oversampling to increase the sample rate to 24.576 MHz, ensuring the best phase and frequency response possible. Measurable results reflect exceptionally flat frequency response and THD+N in the upper frequencies. This is up to twenty times lower than some of the best high-end outboard DACs, resulting in a much higher level of transparency for multichannel music and movies. Sonic performance is astounding. Smoother high-frequency response, superior detail, and better image focus—a far more transparent window on the original performance.
- Anthem’s Own Design! Two dual-core digital signal processing (DSP) engines, our own DSP design, offer a total of 800 MIPS to allow decoding of the new HD audio standards: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio. More than enough processing power to handle even the most complex program material with matchless precision.
- Triple 4 Mbit 8ns external memory is large enough to ensure that the DSP engines never run out of resources.
- 4-layer hand-designed motherboard includes separate power and groundplanes.
- Independent 6- and 8-layer DSP, A/D and D/A converter boards—A/D and D/A use separate analog and digital planes as well as separate power and groundplanes for remarkably low noise.
- All critical signal paths are surrounded by groundplanes.
- Fully buffered audio/video inputs for minimum crosstalk.
- State-of-the-art video switching circuitry is laid out on isolated, independent 2-layer glass-epoxy circuit boards.
- Highest-precision thru-hole passive components.
An impressive resumé of superior-quality component parts
- Audio-grade film capacitors and operational amplifiers
- Low-ESR electrolytic capacitors
- Audio-grade signal-coupling capacitors
- High-value (1,000 μF) ADC reference voltage decoupling capacitors for lowest possible THD+N below 1 kHz
Super-efficient switching power supply
- Low-noise, low-emissions design
- Multiple-synchronized dithered-frequency isolation stages ensure exceptionally quiet audio and video operation and excellent electromagnetic compatibility
- Fourteen independently regulated output stages ensure optimal operating environment
Unparalleled analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversions
Eliminates noise in the 20 to 80-kHz frequency band thanks to the high quality of our ADC and DAC designs.
Analog-to-Digital Conversion (ADC)
- Capable of up to 24-bit x 192-kHz resolution
- Six stereo analog attenuators—one for each channel of the 6-channel input, promote greater dynamic range and an impressive reduction in distortion
Digital-to-Analog Conversion (DAC)
- Converters operate at their full 24-bit x 192-kHz resolution
- Switched-capacitor output filters significantly reduce the DAC’s sensitivity to rapid fluctuations in bit rate
- The built-in state-of-the-art upsampler allows the DACs to run at the highest speed (192 kHz) regardless of the incoming digital bitstream, and with extremely low back ground noise up to almost 100 kHz
- High-accuracy clock generator (49.152 MHz, ±0.001%) eliminates the potential for errors in timing, thereby contributing to a significant reduction in the distortion common in D/A conversion
...And For The Audio Purist
- Analog-Direct available on all inputs
- Tone Bypass disables Bass/Treble adjustment
- Balanced 2-channel XLR digital input for best digital signal
- True-Balanced 2-channel analog input for best analog signal
- True-Balanced analog outputs provide best noise rejection and purest signal transmission
And Then There's Anthem Room Correction (ARC)
Even when the finest speakers are perfectly positioned, the room itself still has a dramatic impact on a system’s sound, an impact more profound than that of any individual component. Various solutions have fallen in and out of favor over the years, but none has solved the problem of “the room.” Until ARC. Using proprietary processes and the power of your PC the ARC system, years in development and included with your Anthem Statement D2v, analyzes each speaker’s in-room sound and then computes the required correction to yield optimal performance from every speaker. It’s a process that takes less than five minutes! Anthem’s approach is a true audiophile solution to the problems of the room. ARC is garnering rave reviews across the industry. For more information, see the ARC data sheet in the downloads & support section.