Upscale Audio has the Janus in stock now! Call 909-931-9686 today!
Janus is a full-function all-tube preamplifier with six line level inputs and one phono input. It is in the Saturn Series, sharing common design characteristics with the Rhea, Calypso and Atlas. It has won numerous awards worldwide, receiving acclaim for its sound quality, build quality and ease of use.
• Fully balanced differential line-level circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
• RCA and XLR provided for each input.
• Discrete resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
• Zero global feedback.
• Phono input: 40-75dB gain maximum, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• Built-in MC cartridge demagnetizer.
• 9 MC loading settings: 75-47,000 ohms, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• All tube amplification and output (12 tubes total).
• Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
• Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
• Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• Full function remote included.
|Inputs:||1 phono RCA (SE), 5 line RCA or XLR (balanced), plus 1 tape, RCA or XLR|
|Outputs:||2 RCA (SE) and XLR (balanced), 1 tape RCA|
|Line level gain:||23 dB single ended (SE), in/out, and 29 dB balanced/out|
|Load Settings (phono):||9 total; 47 K ohms, 10K, 5K, 2.5K, 1K, 500 ohms, 250, 125, and 75 ohms|
|Volume control:||switched resistor network volume control with 88 1 dB steps|
|Frequency response:||+- 0.25 dB, 20 Hz – 20 Khz|
|Signal to noise:||measured at 70 dB minimum, A-weighted|
|Line input impedence:||40 k ohms SE, 80 k ohms balanced|
|Maximum line input:||3.5 volts SE, 7.0 volts RMS balanced|
|Output impedence:||1k ohms SE, 600 ohms balanced|
|Recommended load:||10 k ohms or greater|
(per channel) :
phono section: V1 & V2 - 12AX7, V3 - 12AX7, V4 - 6922/6DJ8;
line section: V1 - 12AX7, V2 - 6922/6DJ8
|Power consumption:||20 watts standby, 120 watts active|
|Physical dimensions:||4 3/8" high, 17 7/8" wide, 18" deep including jacks|
|Shipping weight:||40 lbs.|