Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Headphones
Introducing the new AB-1266 Phi TC (Total Consciousness). Newly designed 66 mm planar magnetic speaker drivers deliver the highest resolution of any headphone ever made. Combined with the venerable AB-1266 headphone design, newly minted all-aluminum frame and posh earpads mean you’ll never have to buy another concert ticket.
A brand new generation of ABYSS planar speakers, these latest drivers offer unprecedented levels of clarity and resolution to sound, without the typical brightness or harshness.
This latest Ceramic Coated version sports a high-tech, durable two-tone polymer ceramic coating on the all-metal frame along with newly designed ear pads for greater comfort and improved sound quality.
Lite Package: Includes 8-foot (2.5 m) balanced 4-pin XLR cable & flexible 1/2" (6.3mm) adapter custom-made by JPS Labs & velvet bag with embroidered Abyss logo.
Deluxe Package: Includes dual balanced 8-foot (2.5 m) 3-pin XLR cable set with both 1/4" (6.3mm) and 4-pin XLR Y-adapters custom-made by JPS Labs. Also includes heavy leather carrying case with extra room and pockets for an iPad or portable amp/player and a heavy-duty aluminum extended height headphone stand.
Complete Package: Includes the same leather carrying case and headphone stand that's included in the Deluxe Package, but the included cable is the JPS Labs Superconductor HP dual balanced 3-pin XLR cable set (a $3000 cable if purchased separately)
- Abyss CNC-machines and finishes all-aluminum frame components, produces its planer speaker drivers, and skillfully assembles the AB-1266 Phi TC with US-made stainless steel hardware, all within its own facility in Buffalo, New York, USA. Deluxe leather carry bag made in California. Wooden box made in New York state.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two-piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality two-tone black polymer ceramic coatings on the all-metal frame and components, polished metal accents.
- Patented planar magnetic transducer design plays effortless dynamics and low-level details in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head.
- Matched driver pairs, meaning your brain will appreciate the musical realism of our attention to detail.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High-quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine-tune acoustics and fit.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye-glasses). 'Abyss' embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently engraved for traceability and collectability.
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 30 KHz
Impedance: 47 ohm nominal
Sensitivity: 88 dB/mW
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 640 g