Abyss AB-1266 Phi CC Lite Headphones
Abyss Headphones came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music. The goal was to design a unique transducer using the lowest driver mass possible combined with finely tuned resonance control and acoustics to completely maximize the personal enjoyment of music, particularly high resolution digital.
Abyss' research led it on a path to creating proprietary methods utilizing unique materials to produce a very thin planar diaphragm of exceptional speed. Custom high power neodymium magnets and a highly optimized magnetic field reduce driver distortions even further, allowing for great clarity and detail to reproduced sound with smooth tone and exceptional bandwidth.
A machined aluminum skeletal frame assembly provides excellent rigidity and controls resonances by absorbing vibration more than any other headphone produced for minimal coloration and a very high level of clarity to sound without brightness. Unique use of diffusive porous aluminum custom designed by Abyss to further tune acoustics for proper timbre and spectral balance while sounding completely open.
Soft comfortable lambskin ear pads are shaped to fit to the head and magnetically couple to the front baffle with adjustable stops. Suspended padded leather headband gently supports the headphones atop the head and adjusts to varying heights without noisy mechanical connections to further isolate vibrations of head motion from interfering with listening.
Dual high-performance balanced headphone cables custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss Headphones provide the optimal interface to any high quality headphone amplifier.
Many more custom features such as a beautifully stained wooden case, heavy leather carry bag, and aluminum headphone stand are included with these fine instruments of musical reproduction to complete the package. Add electronics and hit play.
- Made in the USA
- Rigid chassis consisting of left/right side frames and structural adjustable two piece headband. All components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality anodized finish with bare aluminum accents.
- Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Amazing bandwidth and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs. No rear magnet structure typical of planar designs eliminates annoying reflections from behind allowing for a completely open sound. Matched driver pairs.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Unique adjustability allows for varying head shapes.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation, Abyss embroidered logo.
- Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 4 pin XLR cable, with flexible 1/4" (6.3 mm) adaptor. All cables are high performance custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss. Velvet carry bag.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- Heavy aluminum headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 42 ohms nominal
- Phase: Flat
- Sensitivity: 88 dB / MW
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 620 g