Vacuum Tube Warranty Information
Vacuum tubes are warranted for 90 days against defects, except in cases of abuse, and replaced with like-item only.
- Tubes being sent in for warranty must have a return authorization number from Upscale Audio. This RA number must be written on the outside of the box. Please also include a note in the box that has your name and telephone number, and please explain the issues with the tube. If this information is missing it will delay the shipment of your replacement tube.
- Vacuum tubes being sent to Upscale Audio for warranty replacement must be shipped in a box with appropriate packaging to keep them from being damaged. Vacuum tubes returned to Upscale Audio using inadequate packing will have a voided warranty and will be refused at the customer's expense.
Upscale Audio does not send out advance replacements for tubes covered under warranty*. Defective tubes must be sent back to us at your expense. Once we have inspected and verified the defect, a replacement will be shipped to you free of charge.
- If you are in a hurry, we can send you a replacement right away. For this we charge you only for the part, not for shipping. When you return the defective part to us, we will issue credit back to your credit card or PayPal account once it is received.
Exceptions to our warranty policy are as follows:
- Upscale Audio reserves the right to refuse warranty at our discretion based on the equipment being re-tubed. You will be notified of any change prior to your order being processed.
- Using a tube in an application in which it was not meant to be used. If your amp calls for a 6550, and you decide you want to plug in a 6V6GT, Upscale Audio is not liable if the tube fails, and will not honor any warranty in such a situation.
Upscale Audio is not liable for any damage or injury caused by the improper use of its tubes or the use of an incorrect/incompatible tube type. If you are unsure of what tube or tubes your equipment uses, consult the manufacturer before making a purchase. Using an incompatible tube type may cause severe damage to your equipment and will void your tube's warranty.