VPI Classic 4 with 12" 3D Tonearm & Periphery Ring
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
SAVE OVER 49% ON THIS TURNTABLE & TONEARM SPECIAL PACKAGE!
Save even more when you include a cartridge! Call 909-931-9686 for details on these incredible packages!
This BAD ASS table was originally built for VPI founder Harry Weisfeld so he could use a 12” arm on the AMAZING Classic plinth. Why does he love the Classic plinth? Cause it’s more than Bad Ass. It’s SUPER DUPER BAD ASS! The Classic plinth is made of three layers, each with its own ability to tame resonance. A ½” machined aluminum plinth, bonded to a 1/8” steel sub-plate, bonded to a 2” MDF layer. Between each layer is a special non-microphonic damping material and when glued and bolted together you have an unbeatable combination to eliminate resonance. The massive Classic feet that add another level of isolation. This assembly by itself weighs over 40 pounds! But as if that wasn’t enough, add this!
- The platter is machined 6061 aluminum and stainless steel weighing 20 pounds with a precision inverted bearing. Run-out +/- .001” on 39” circumference!!!
- Platter bearing using Thompson Engineering precision shafting with 60 Rockwell hardened and polished ball running on a PEEK thrust disc. The side thrust is taken by graphite lubricated composite bronze bushings.
- The belt runs around the platter through the center of the bearing assembly for no teeter-totter effects and no noise.
- Speed stability on par with a master tape: Due to the rigid mounting of motor - platter - tonearm there isn't any random motion to cause speed instabilities.
- Feedback rejection that lets the Classic Turntable sit near four 15" subwoofers and having virtually no feedback.
- 300 RPM precision low noise high torque 24-pole AC synchronous motor drives the platter with a pulley accurate to +/- .0005”.
- Lack of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm giving the ultimate in low-level resolution. Not only does this rigidity improve speed stability, it also allows the retrieval of low-level information on par with the world's great turntables and very close to master tapes.
- 12” 3D tonearm. The gold standard reserved for VPI tables costing tens of thousands of dollars, and never before available at this price.
- Top of the line performance tonearm base with vertical tracking angle on the fly!! Incredibly important as you can fine-tune VTA while you play a record with the simple turn of a knob. Reduces high-frequency distortion!
- $1,000 Periphery Ring INCLUDED!!! One of the MOST important performance upgrades you can get for perfect records, and will help you play records with minor warps that you thought were trash. An absolute MUST for those that want great bass.
Footprint: 22" x 16"
Height: 11.5" including Wire loop
Weight: Shipped 112Lbs, two boxes