Anthem MCA 525 5-Channel, 225 W Poweramp
The new MCA amplifiers are crafted in Canada and perfectly match the new AVM 60 processor and MRX receivers.
To complement the new AVM 60 A/V Processor, Anthem introduces the new MCA 525, 325 and 225 power amplifiers. Available in 5, 3 and 2-channel configurations, these new MCA amplifiers feature more robust and efficient power and heavy-duty reliability. The new MCA Series delivers lower THD (total harmonic distortion) for more clean, pure sound and lower noise for a supremely quiet background.
Like all Anthem products the MCA 525, MCA 325 and MCA 225 feature custom low noise high-power toroidal transformers, high-current bipolar output transistors, high-quality filter capacitors, advanced power supply regulators, oversized aluminum heatsinks, custom-designed dual binding posts, and patented auto-on/off circuitry. Superior craftsmanship that is reflected in clean, clear, audiophile-quality sound from top to bottom of the frequency spectrum.
- Delivers lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) for cleaner, pure sound and lower noise
- Completely redesigned for improved audio performance and reliability
- Higher current output for lower distortion
- Cosmetic match for AVM 60 A/V Preamplifier-Processor
- Improved Advanced Load Monitoring system
- 8 bipolar output devices per channel for less stress on each device
- Less than 2 watts standby power consumption
- Crafted in Canada
SpecificationsPower Output (Continuous RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, <1% THD): 225 W at 8Ω, 400 W at 4Ω, 600 W at 2Ω
SNR, IEC-A, ref. 225 W: 120 dB
Power Bandwidth, -3 dB at 200 W into 8 ohms: 90 kHz
Slew Rate: 30 V/μs
Damping Factor, 20 Hz to 1 kHz: 300
Channel Separation, 100 Hz to 10 kHz: >65 dB
Input Impedance (RCA / XLR): 10 kΩ / 15 kΩ
Input Sensitivity, 225 W into 8 Ω: 1.5 Vrms
Voltage Gain: 29 dB
Dimensions (H x W x D): 6-5/8" (16.9 cm) x 17-1/4" (43.9 cm) x 18-1/8" (46 cm)
Height with Rackmount Kit: 4U
Weight: 61 lb (27.5 kg)